If you are…
city dweller who has limited time and are looking for a simple way to grow food happily at home
feeling overwhelmed by the gardening info online and not sure how to start
struggling to find answers to your gardening questions
Great news! You are in the right place.
Check out our new offerings. Learn from the farmer, Wan Ying of Little Urban Oasis who has been self-sustainable for 10 years.
If you are a total beginner
Check out our Basic Home Gardening workshop where we show you how you can apply gardening methods that work based on our extensive growing experiences in Singapore.
The following basic modules coincide with planting cycle and we are always here to support you throughout your grow your own food journey:
- Find your space and understand sun hours
- Go through real case studies on space
- Prepare planting beds and soil
- Seed, root and water your plants
- Transplant and fertilising
- Harvest and store your homegrown edibles
Looking for specific modules?
We do not recommend jumping straight into individual module unless you are experienced growers who have gone through basic growing journey and have grown food successfully but wish to zoom into specific areas.
For basic and advanced modules, we have designed and built the module flow in a guided manner so that you can follow step by step towards growing your own edibles. Most of our members see great values in this.
- Understanding the basics of hydroponics
- Various growing techniques such as mini bottled, Kratky method, deep pool floating raft method, and others
- How to choose the hydroponics system?
- Maintaining the hydroponics systems
- Advantages and challenges
- Bonus: Understanding basics of aquaponics, aeroponics, and traditional soil planting challenges in urban or high-rise settings
- Soil type and characteristic
- Soil amendment
- Soil ratio for vegetables, fruiting vegetables, and herbs
- Make your soil alive – garbage enzyme vs commercial enzyme
- Basic soil treatment
- Bonus: DIY home composting
On top of basics, we have something special for you
- 6 basic modules: get the space, real life case studies on space, planting bed, soil, seeding, rooting, watering, transplanting, fertilising, harvesting and storing
- Grow LEDs
- Hydroponics and various planting methods
- Pest management
- How to shop online?
- Sustainability and renewal
- Specialised modules on herbs, cucurbits, legumes, garnishing veg, kales, cauflowers and cabbages